Monday 2 December 2013

Little Touches

Today some little throw pillows I ordered arrived. I ordered them from Annina at Miniatures by Annina on Etsy.


They look lovely. Because she has filled them with a type of sand rather than stuffing, they have a more realistic look. 


It is now summer in Melbourne, and today the temperature reached 36 degrees (97 degrees F). Because of this when I came home my little shelf had fallen off the wall because the blu-tack had melted! Such hot weather always makes me feel like Christmas will soon be here (Yay!). 


7 comments:

  1. Wow, it must be hot at your place, if the blue tack melts..... :0! I hope nothing has broke? Your pillows look great and indeed more realistic if they are filled with sand.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emily,
    The pillows are the perfect touch of color. They look great int he room.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Glad no damage was caused. The room is looking lovely and those little cushions are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily, I just adore your furniture, I have two chairs very similar in my RL house, your cushions look gorgeous, seed beads work well too, I found the sand can find it's way out sometimes and it's no fun when the Mini house gets all gritty! Wasn't it hot the other day??? How about todays weather, I can't believe how horrible it is, just like winter. Mia was on camp in Baw Baw last night and it snowed, needless to say they were freezing!!

    ML Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find I have to glue things because miniwax and bluetac both come loose in the heat :( Glad nothing was broken. The cushions are the perfect foil for the colours in this room - you have a great eye for decoration as I've said before.

    ReplyDelete